GIant Yard Sale
A Fundraiser To Support Kestrel Educational Adventures and the Cape Ann Vernal Pond Team
It's spring cleaning time and your clutter may be someone else's treasure! This year Kestrel Educational Adventures and the Cape Ann Vernal Pond Team are once again teaming up to hold a Giant Yard Sale.
- Date: Saturday May 26 (rain date June 2)
- Time: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. No early birds please!
- Location: St. Peter's Square, 1 Rogers Street, Gloucester, Ma (see below for directions).
How It Works
The event is essentially a big community yard sale. A whole bunch of people show up to buy and sell great used stuff. The weather is usually gorgeous and Gloucester Harbor serves as the picture-perfect backdrop. Weather permitting, the Vernal Pond Team will also have some of their live animals in a separate educational area, for visitors to learn about and enjoy. You truly won’t want to miss it!
Because this is a fundraiser, all sales support our work in nature education and environmental conservation. Your in-kind donation is 100% tax deductible.
How You Can Help
- Donate your gently-used items to sell. Please no TVs, mattresses, or computers.
- Stay to help price/sell the items or drop them off between 7 am - 9 am.
- Work as a volunteer during the event. Set up, clean up, or give someone a break. An hour or two is greatly appreciated!
- Shop at the event.
- Spread the word to your friends and family. Send a link to this webpage!
If you are interested in donating or volunteering, please e-mail Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Details About the Sale
Sale items typically include:
- designer clothes
- art and decor
- houseware and appliances
- holiday items
- and so much more!!
Use 1 Rogers Street, Gloucester for Google Directions
Directions from 128, coming up from the south-
-Stay on 128N through Beverly and Manchester
- Cross the bridge into Gloucester
- At the traffic circle, take the 1st exit onto Washington St
- Washington St turns slightly right and becomes Middle St (after a statue of Joan of Arc on horseback)
- Take the first left onto Angle St
- Continue to the end of Angle Street, it curves to the right (440 ft)
- You'll see the St Peters Parking lot in front of you (the site of Gloucester’s famous Fiesta celebration). We'll be in the area behind the cars, towards the water!