Education Consulting: Real World Learning
Consulting for Inquiry Science Content, Methods and Curriculum
Custom Designed for You, Your Goals, and Your Place
Would you love to engage your students in real world science and interdisciplinary learning? Our experienced, professional educators will design a teacher workshop or a curriculum to suit your needs. We can help you use NGSS inquiry skills and place - based learning in your classroom, incorporate local natural history content, and use constructivist teaching methods.
Everything is custom designed for you, your goals, and your place.
For more information about this service, please contact our Program Director, Jessica Kagle.
When you consult with Kestrel, we enhance your ability to:
- Increase student achievement and interest in science
- Teach science the way scientists conduct research
- Learn to use the world around you to teach content and process skills
- Seek real answers to real problems
- Deepen connections to place and local natural history
- Practice applying specific local content to global understanding
- Connect science to other core areas for interdisciplinary projects
- Link to Massachusetts STE and Next Generation Science Standards
WHAT WE OFFER
Choose One Or Mix It Up
Local Natural History Content We specialize in forest ecology, freshwater wetlands, invertebrates, herpetology, mammals, marine life, geology/soils, weather/climate
Inquiry Science and Constructivist Teaching Techniques Teach your students to build their own, thorough sense of meaning about big ideas. Help them understand complex concepts through questioning and direct experiences that evolve from their questions
Place Based, Project Based, or Service Learning Units We will help tie your content together into a unit that utilizes local resources
Custom Curriculum Design We work one on one with teachers to co-write curriculum that supports the school’s goal
Includes initial consultation, development of workshop, and written materials.
- Half day workshop for up to 10 teachers: $400
- Full day workshop for up to 10 teachers: $700
- Individual curriculum consulting for up to 5 teachers in single grade level: Contact us
- Custom Curriculum Materials: Contact us