Survival veasey Summer
Veasey Memorial Park is an incredible wild and forested park in Groveland. During Survival Veasey Summer we will be experiencing a fully immersive survival experience. We will discover how to build shelters, and how to find and identify a plant and learn whether it is edible or not. In order to survive we will purify water, build fires, try to find food, craft tools, and learn how to track and sneak up to animals. Kids get to be the leaders as we teach, learn skills from each other, and build community.
This course will include daily snacks, one campfire dinner and an overnight camping experience in our shelters (or provided tents). Students provide sleeping bags, pillows, and a parent or guardian for the overnight.
Overarching themes will be:
-Connecting closely with the natural world, and what we can learn from it
-The importance of respecting the natural world and protecting wild places
-How we (humans) are still dependent on the natural world for survival
PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE FOR SESSION 2
- Dates Session 1: Monday, July 25 - Thursday, July 28 Session 2: August 3-6
- Time 10am to 4pm, overnight is optional. Session 1 overnight is July 27, Session 2 is Aug. 5 (overnight is weather dependent)
- Enrollment Cutoffs: Min. 8 Students to run and Max. 12 for each session
- Ages Session 1: 10-14 Session 2: 6-10
- Price $260
- Location Veasey Memorial Park, Groveland
- Instructors fern and TBD