Stories from the Wild Side Saturday
Kestrel is excited to present "Stories from the Wild Side"! An in- depth winter exploration of animal tracking and story telling. The class will be split into two 4-class field sessions, meeting every Saturday morning, and culminating in a project day at the end of each session.
Traipse through snowy woodlands in search of wildlife evidence and tracks. Practice tracking animals and reading clues to the life of the forest. Learn techniques for developing characters, drawing readers into a place, and creating intriguing plots.
Work independently or as a team to create an original nature based fiction story featuring the discoveries we have made, and your own imagination. Students can utilize any medium to tell their story; from written work to drawing to a diorama, or anything in between.
- Session 1 Saturdays Jan. 14, 21, 28 and Feb. 4
- Session 2 Saturdays Feb. 11, 18, 25 and Mar. 11
- Time 1-3:30
- Age 7 - 12
- Price $80 per session or $150 for both
- Location Willowdale State Forest and the final project day Mar. 11 will be at the Get Outside Center
- Instructor Jessica and Clay